Majority of our professional-social lives are on LinkedIn, and some of our most active users use Woocontacts on LinkedIn to primarily bookmark and add context to their connections with tags, notes, and other custom information.
How on top of using the browser extension, you can also import all your LinkedIn connections in a go with our import once feature. Just follow the steps below to begin.
Export Your Data from LinkedIn
The first step to follow is to export your data from LinkedIn. Follow the steps below to begin.
1. Go to LinkedIn member data settings (This is under the Privacy tab in your Account settings / How LinkedIn uses your data), and click on the first radio button "Download larger data archive, including connections, contacts, and your account history.
2. Click on the "Request archive" button
3. LinkedIn will send you an email when your data export is ready for download. You will find a link in that email to download your LinkedIn data. Save this file - we will use it to import your LinkedIn connections to Woocontacts.
Upload Your Data File to Woocontacts
1. Click on the Import button at the side menu, or go to https://app.woocontacts.co/import
2. Click on the LinkedIn import card
3. Click on Upload LinkedIn Zip File, then upload the zip file you've downloaded from LinkedIn.
4. Upload the zip file you've downloaded from LinkedIn.
5. And done! If you have a lot of connections on LinkedIn, it might take a while for the import to complete. You should now see your LinkedIn Connections on your Woocontacts account.
- Your imported LinkedIn connections will be added to a new project called Linkedin Connections Imports
- LinkedIn does not provide profile pictures in the data export so contacts created from LinkedIn imports will not have profile pictures. They will have our placeholder profile pictures instead.
- Data exported from LinkedIn does not contain all the information but people's name, current organization, and title.
Check out our handy browser extension which lets users save any contact they find on the web in a click of a button, on literally any website.